Re: "light" lines (was, lousy coloring skills?!)

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 08:47:40 PST

Maggie,

Have you tried to have them stand while drawing to practice the
light lines. Then when all that doesnt work, I take 30 points
off of the daily grade till it is practiced enough to work. I
still have those that refuse. I do fight it also. When
working with value, I hate seeing that coloring book outline
effect. Even though it may not be in actual terms, I do
discuss linear value as a line that separates the values and
then talk about the painterly value blending.. For some reason
these two words in this context helps, even though it is not the
proper context to me. What does it boil down to, if I ask for
painterly value, I dont see the lines.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802