RE: "light" lines(was lousy coloring skills)NO Problem!

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 04:20:00 PST

Ha Ha - I have the opposite problem with crayons - my kids only color lightly. The teacher for the tiny kids shows them certain techniques which give certain effects, which they love. I cover color mixing pretty extensively in 2nd grade and one class was so unruly that I couldn;t paint. We got out the crayons and the assignmnt was not only to overlap colors to create new ones, but also to create at least 4 values of each color. This value thing has continued for the next 2 projects and Wow - what a difference in the kids works!.

Now, to transfer those skills to pencil.

Jan