Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: "light" lines vs. heavy handed

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 18:31:49 PST

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Maggie White <>
>HOW do you get them to
> draw lightly?!

It sounds like the silliest little response to your answer but it DID work
for me. Someone mentioned it a year or so ago on the list and I thought I
would try it with my middlers...what the hey...nothing ELSE worked.
Anyway...instead of talking about "lightly drawing lines", I started calling
them "whisper lines". Lordy...they all started drawing them right! It's
working this year as might want to try that interesting
approach...goofy as it sounds. Maybe it'll work for you too.