Detailed Clay Animation Lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 18:56:25 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Clay animation has come up on Getty list again - so I
thought I would repost this lesson I found on a site
the Sara sent to me. This is from a July post. (Sorry,
I didn't save any of the current discussion. Renee
Berg is the "pro"
http://rb043.k12.sd.us/art_tech_8th.htm)

Storytelling through Clay Animation (20 page unit
plan):
http://seed.mainecenter.org/application/files/packets/PDF335.pdf

Sara Sent me this SEED site - so I explored it
http://seed.mainecenter.org/index.cfm?section=1

SEED Developer Application
Find lessons by grade level and content area.
http://seed.mainecenter.org/application/resources.cfm

Here are just a few of the middle school lesson plans
on the site. They are very thorough lessons which
might spark an idea. (I didn't read through the
entire lessons - I know I personally would probably do
them differently)

Teaching Local Culture and Heritage
(interdisciplinary)
http://seed.mainecenter.org/application/files/packets/PDF276.pdf
I took a class called "Backyard History" which was
very interesting to me and shared a little bit of it
when I did my Heroes unit with 8th grade (but
that is a long story).If we want kids to learn history
- we should give them some history that will mean
something to them. Local history is a good starting
point.

Constructing a Geometric Quilt Design:
http://seed.mainecenter.org/application/files/packets/PDF321.pdf

Math Arts:
http://seed.mainecenter.org/application/files/packets/PDF332.pdf

This is linked on IAD Lesson Plans page.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artgames.html

Sara and all - continue to share sites you value and
will use. I link most of them up on IAD. I always look
at them (Sara I linked up Art and Soul Book Kits, too,
on Art Stores).
I've spent hours today doing link updates...Sometime
when you are bored, you can browse the Art Stuff pages
(smile).
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artstuff.html
Honestly, folks before I took over Incredible Art
Department I only used IAD link pages one time. I am
glad they are there to make non-art teacher users of
the site happy. I have "met" a lot of interesting
artists through those links pages.

Judith

=====
Judith Decker