Re: Potters wheel advice needed

---------

From: Jon Hartman (Jon.Hartman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 14:28:48 PST

I would look in to Bailey wheels. I have used them and they work really
well. The cost is very low. You do have to put them together. It
isn't hard at all. I have used MANY different wheels and I think that
these work as well as anything else electric. I do really perfer kick
wheels, but they are not easy to move.

Jonathan Hartman
Dassel-Cokato High School
Art Teacher
(320) 286-4100 ext.1832

>>> Lorene@CanvasDancer.com 12/07/03 10:15AM >>>
I am a new teacher in a small school with a new kiln. I have very
little
experience with throwing and would like to buy a wheel for myself at
home.
The wheels at school are the kick type and what little experience I
have had
was with electric. I am looking to buy something like the Clay Boss or
the
portable Artista. The portable one looks good to me as I will probably
not
be doing very large projects at home but it is regulated by a hand
control
and it seems to me that my hands will be busy elsewhere! The Clay
Boss
looks to be more stable and something to grow into (I think you can
center
100 pounds on it....years away, if ever, for me). Space really isn't
any
issue and the dollars aren't a huge issue when spread over years of
use.
So...?

Got advice?

Thanks,