Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Potters wheel advice needed

From: Jon Hartman (Jon.Hartman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 14:28:48 PST

I would look in to Bailey wheels. I have used them and they work really
well. The cost is very low. You do have to put them together. It
isn't hard at all. I have used MANY different wheels and I think that
these work as well as anything else electric. I do really perfer kick
wheels, but they are not easy to move.

Jonathan Hartman
Dassel-Cokato High School
Art Teacher
(320) 286-4100 ext.1832

>>> 12/07/03 10:15AM >>>
I am a new teacher in a small school with a new kiln. I have very
experience with throwing and would like to buy a wheel for myself at
The wheels at school are the kick type and what little experience I
have had
was with electric. I am looking to buy something like the Clay Boss or
portable Artista. The portable one looks good to me as I will probably
be doing very large projects at home but it is regulated by a hand
and it seems to me that my hands will be busy elsewhere! The Clay
looks to be more stable and something to grow into (I think you can
100 pounds on it....years away, if ever, for me). Space really isn't
issue and the dollars aren't a huge issue when spread over years of

Got advice?