Portrait Interactive - some feedback

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 12:43:59 PST

(Well Billy you have guessed it -- all I do all day
long is answer email - smiles - anyways - thought you
should know this. See note from Ellen - The
Interactive is a hit with her. I'll forward any
additional list posts to you. Ellen - this is for you,
too)

From "Sears, Ellen" <ESears@Anchorage.k12.ky.us>
wrote:

> Thanks Judy for the Portrait Detective site - I
> can't wait to share this with the classroom teachers
here. I do this with the kids in the room, but needed
other resources to share with the teachers. I have
been trying for the past year to find just this type
of activity - and it is really well done -
> Thanks again,
> Ellen
Portrait Detectives
http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/nof/portraits/

Ellen (and all),

I loved doing this kind of stuff with kids using
magnifying glasses and art prints (idea I got from a
DBAE workshop). There is SO much you can learn about
history - and cultures - by studying portraits and
such. I have some great links for Tudor portraits if
that is an area you are studying (See my Renaissance
links page):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/ageof.htm

I was introduced to this same kind of interactive
presentation with a portrait of Washington this fall.
I posted that link and could find it again (I do want
to link it up anyways). It might have been from the
National Portrait Gallery (USA)? If anyone has that
link handy post it now.....I'll do some looking soon
if no one else posts it.

Judith

=====
Judith Decker