Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

High School lessons - IAD Updates

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 12:08:41 PST

Dear High School Art Teachers (and middle school),

Here is a "new" lesson plna from Ken on Incredible Art
Department (linked now):
Ken will have more work to share soon on his own site.

New additions to these lessons.
Pastels added (Andy DiConti's images too):
Contour drawings:
Double Portrait Weave drawing:

Note: I put links to student work on the lesson plans
- Don't expect their work to remain online forever.
Just notify me if you find a broken link when you use
a plan. I don't go back and check those.

Folks (another ramble for today), I have one more
lesson to share from Ken - His montage endangered
species (because I found lots of links to put on it)
then I am done putting Ken's lessons on Incredible Art
Department for a while. Ken, if you see this, I do
have another montage lesson plan from you that I can
tweak. When I get it done, I'll have you read it (I
want to finish the Story tellers, first). Ken loves to
share his ideas and so do I. I just don't see many
returning the favor by submitting lesson plans to the
site. Ken knows when I started these updates - and now
I finally have then done. It takes me lots of time to
get these on the site. I love doing it. But the
sharing has to continue (and folks need to credit Ken
for his ideas). I have only been able to give Ken a
few lessons in return (he doesn't mind - but I do). I
am encouraging Ken to put future plans on CD and sell
them - he could make a bundle (and I'll help promote
his CD)! He can start by saving all of the ones I have
on IAD - with the Internet resources - then add
additional student samples. I have even had a text
book company contact me about Ken's plans, too.(Dan
Cherney - if you see this - Ken Schwab is a lot like
you - keep his email address, too).

Enjoy this fine work! Ken's new site to come soon.

Judith Decker

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department