Middle School - High School Lesson Plans

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 08:48:35 PST

(Thanks Jan - I am going to feature her on IAD)

Dear Art Educators,

I am ALWAYS looking for sites that answer my survey
respondents needs. Here is an excellent site that has
basic lessons for middle school and high school.

http://www.fortbend.k12.tx.us/mastersonline/Ft_Bend_ISD/6306/CHS/Reedy/unprotected/Reedy_default.htm
or http://tinyurl.com/y8x2

Many lesson plans on the site as well as student
examples. This site will give you lesson ideas - and
will make many of you proud of what you do with your
students (She has the perspective forms in space
lesson that I did with 7th graders at St. Charles -
She did it with high school -- smile -- Lots of her
high school lessons I did with middle school. I know I
am bragging -- but so what? All of you could brag a
big, more, too. You can even adapt the lessons for
elementary. I did and so can you! Right, Jan?).

See her Elements presentation, too.

OK folks time to ramble - Use these ideas - that is
why they are there BUT if you put them on YOUR site,
credit Donna Reedy if you got the idea from her site.
She obviously has spent a lot of time developing this
site. I am very happy to write (and edit)lesson plans
for you, too -- It saves you lots of time....BUT if
you get a lesson idea from anyone who has a submitted
a lesson to Incredible Art Department, I do expect you
to credit the source when you post it to YOUR site
(Smile- I could care less what you give your
administrator....I have helped a lot of art teachers
look good over the years - That is my job). I am proud
to say though that I have never claimed ownership of
an idea that I got from another art teacher - and
never will - sometimes I will not tell you the name of
the teacher (if it is not a list member -- privacy
issues, you know). I know "ideas" cannot be
copyrighted....but I think we owe each other on these
lists to give credit when we publish another art
teacher's idea (Susan from Long Island if you are
reading -- I hope I am not the only one who took your
posts to heart - We are two peas in a pod --smile).
Keep the sharing alive -- Show your gratitude. Folks,
most of us love to have our brains "picked" - there is
lots there for the picking....I just don't like
someone else taking all the glory (smile....been
there)....Thanks to all who read my ramble -- You know
I will be checking to see if you "listened" (LOL at
me).

Have a Wonderful Week!

Judith

--- "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@Berkeleyprep.org> wrote:
> Judy - I think I've discovered a cool site! This
> teacher has fabulous projects on her site.
> Jan
 http://www.fortbend.k12.tx.us/mastersonline/Ft_Bend_ISD/6306/CHS/Reedy/unprotected/Texture.htm

=====
Judith Decker