Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Middle School - High School Lesson Plans

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 08:48:35 PST

(Thanks Jan - I am going to feature her on IAD)

Dear Art Educators,

I am ALWAYS looking for sites that answer my survey
respondents needs. Here is an excellent site that has
basic lessons for middle school and high school.

Many lesson plans on the site as well as student
examples. This site will give you lesson ideas - and
will make many of you proud of what you do with your
students (She has the perspective forms in space
lesson that I did with 7th graders at St. Charles -
She did it with high school -- smile -- Lots of her
high school lessons I did with middle school. I know I
am bragging -- but so what? All of you could brag a
big, more, too. You can even adapt the lessons for
elementary. I did and so can you! Right, Jan?).

See her Elements presentation, too.

OK folks time to ramble - Use these ideas - that is
why they are there BUT if you put them on YOUR site,
credit Donna Reedy if you got the idea from her site.
She obviously has spent a lot of time developing this
site. I am very happy to write (and edit)lesson plans
for you, too -- It saves you lots of time....BUT if
you get a lesson idea from anyone who has a submitted
a lesson to Incredible Art Department, I do expect you
to credit the source when you post it to YOUR site
(Smile- I could care less what you give your
administrator....I have helped a lot of art teachers
look good over the years - That is my job). I am proud
to say though that I have never claimed ownership of
an idea that I got from another art teacher - and
never will - sometimes I will not tell you the name of
the teacher (if it is not a list member -- privacy
issues, you know). I know "ideas" cannot be
copyrighted....but I think we owe each other on these
lists to give credit when we publish another art
teacher's idea (Susan from Long Island if you are
reading -- I hope I am not the only one who took your
posts to heart - We are two peas in a pod --smile).
Keep the sharing alive -- Show your gratitude. Folks,
most of us love to have our brains "picked" - there is
lots there for the picking....I just don't like
someone else taking all the glory (smile....been
there)....Thanks to all who read my ramble -- You know
I will be checking to see if you "listened" (LOL at

Have a Wonderful Week!

--- "Hillmer, Jan" <> wrote:
> Judy - I think I've discovered a cool site! This
> teacher has fabulous projects on her site.
> Jan

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department