Portrait Interactive - Check it out

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 07:36:56 PST

(Billy - I'll do some surfing for Wedgwood and will do
some ceramic links then. That one sent me on a trip
down "memory lane". My mom had a small Wedgwood vase -
a wedding gift - that didn't make it through six kids.
I'll post this to World Art Education list too - that
is on my Road Runner email account. Billy -links
posted below)

Dear Art Educators,

I love my job! I've been talking to Billy (William
Fallows) from that National Museum in Liverpool this
morning. He sent me some link requests for Incredible
Art Department. He has asked me for some feedback from
you. Check out the site and send your replies to:
Billy.Fallows@liverpoolmuseums.org.uk

From Billy:

Portrait Detectives
http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/nof/portraits/
A portrait isn't just a pretty picture of a famous or
wealthy person. It is a treasure trove of clues and
ideas. It can tell us who a person was, how they lived
and what they thought about themselves. It can even
tell us about the painter and their life. Using
paintings from the Walker we will show you how to find
and interpret these clues. You can take a 'guided
tour' where we explain the portrait to you, or you can
visit the 'explore' section where you do the detective
work and find the clues yourself. Either way there is
lots to do both on-line and away from your computer.

Wedgwood:
http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/ladylever/collections/wedgwood.asp
Lady Lever Art Gallery Wedgwood Collection, including
what many regard as the finest collection of
jasperware in the world

I'll post more on Wedgwood soon.

Links on Incredible Art Department:

http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/museum.htm
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/for-kids.htm
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/heroes.htm
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artgames.html
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/museums.html

Enjoy this site - and do give your feed back to Billy
(Billy.Fallows@liverpoolmuseums.org.uk). (Billy - if
you are reading - I don't normally get link requests
done this fast - Yours was an exception)

Have a great week!

Judith Decker

P.S. Judy's "Memory Lane" - My mom had what I am sure
was a reproduction Wedgwood jasperware vase - It was a
small one (like a bud vase - blue with white cameo
relief)....and one of us six kids broke it...I learned
to have only one kid (smile). Deb and I were pretty
good with mom's stuff --- but four boys?

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Jdecker@woh.rr.com