More on Contour hands via technology (Interdisciplinary)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 06:14:08 PST

Folks, I found an email from Jan on this from quite a
while ago...Here are some more modifications:

Art and Math
We found a site on hand signals for multiplication
(I'd have to find the site again - and will). That
could be a math tie in. Kids learn their
multiplication facts in 4th grade.

Diversity - Awareness -Social Studies
You could also do sign language (be careful though
that kids don't deliberately pick one that is a
negative gang symbol/sign). There are also Native
American hand signs.

Art and Music
Jan also said you could do a type of music notes that
are hand signs (your elementary music teacher might
know something about this). I'll be updating the
lesson on the Hands ideas page soon to include these
ideas.

Judith

P.S. Jan - if you do this next year with any of the
modifications/revisions - send one student example for
the plan.

"Warhol Hands
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/hands.jpg
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/hands.ppt