Potters wheel advice needed

---------

From: Lorene McIntosh (Lorene_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 08:15:18 PST

I am a new teacher in a small school with a new kiln. I have very little
experience with throwing and would like to buy a wheel for myself at home.
The wheels at school are the kick type and what little experience I have had
was with electric. I am looking to buy something like the Clay Boss or the
portable Artista. The portable one looks good to me as I will probably not
be doing very large projects at home but it is regulated by a hand control
and it seems to me that my hands will be busy elsewhere! The Clay Boss
looks to be more stable and something to grow into (I think you can center
100 pounds on it....years away, if ever, for me). Space really isn't any
issue and the dollars aren't a huge issue when spread over years of use.
So...?

Got advice?

Thanks,
Lorene