RE: curriculum writing

---------

From: Comcast Mail (lamiller3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 08:04:12 PST

Jackie,

We did this a few years ago. In the end it was a few volunteers from the art
department, that had free time during the summer.

We did have meetings together before the year ended, and wrote down what we
were doing that was good. We looked at the Massachusetts State Frameworks,
and plugged in skills, and suggested lists of artists. The art teachers
reviewed it, we made changes, and then it went in print.
It lists concepts and skills, but not what projects. The elementary dept.
meets each month for in-service work. We trade ideas, and work out problems
each of us may have. We always learn something. We also set up meetings with
educational depts.. of the local art museums and our New En gland Wildflower
Society, which has people coming into the schools.

Hope this helps.

Leslie in Framingham, MA