Re: lousy coloring skills?!

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 07:30:49 PST

Nnaell@aol.com wrote:

> My response to the teacher was, "It is hard to stay in the lines, when you
> don't start with any!"

What a great line, Leann! Would that I could live my LIFE like that!
It is also a metaphor for how some of my students were raised, with no
boundaries or concept of basic manners in group situations.

> So, my response to the question do we teacher coloring skills in ele....I
> would have to say, in art, I teacher proper use of all art media!

Grades K-4 in my district are in a different school and there is no
formal art program. So, most of the students are quite new to art
learning by the time they get to 5th grade. However, I recently met one
of the 1st grade teachers, who is from Japan, and who teaches what
sounds like a wonderful art curric in her class. I hope she and I can
find time to get together and exchange ideas.

Maggie

---