Re: Value Study Painting - Middle school - Art 1

---------

From: Virginia Rockwood (wckdstpm_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 13:43:12 PST

I have used a similar lesson with my eighth graders. The main objective
was to gain more skill in mixing values with tempera paint. The lesson
at the link used only 5 different values in the portrait, this year I'm
using six.

http://www.wickedstepmother.net/BAMS/Paper%20Portraits/
paper_portraits.htm

Quick question Sarah W., when you had your students paint directly on
the ink jet printout, didn't the ink "melt" into the paint? or did you
seal the surface first?

Ginny Rockwood
Brattleboro Area Middle School
Brattleboro, VT