silver

---------

From: jlb (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 08:17:46 PST

Hi Everybody,
I read the posts with interest about the process of cleaning silver. I
have several large plated pieces and tried the methods listed with
nontoxic materials. Sadly, none of them worked very satisfactorily. I
have some Tarn-X. This will remove all the tarnish in a flash The metal
is dull though. I also have some stuff called Flitz Metal polish. It's
non-toxic and manufactured right here in beautiful Wi. I used this after
cleaning off the tarnish and buffed to a high shine with a towel. The
results are amazing! (FLITZ, 1-800-558-8611).
    For cleaning small pieces of silver jewelry, I use a product from
the Silver and Gold Connection simply titled Silver Jewelry Cleaner. 7
oz container contains a cool little dipping tray. It takes seconds to
clean the pieces. Be careful not to leave stones of beads in the
solution too long. Not sure about damage to them. It's $6.00 made by
Connoisseurs Products Corp., Wobum. Ma.

Hope this helps,
Gelato

---