sometimes we re invent the wheel

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 03:49:37 PST

Judy has been ear marking several lessons. They are deja vu's. I used to
do the parody of a famous art work ten years ago. Then our middle school
teacher included it so I stopped doing it at HS level. It is not being
done at the middle school level any more,so I could re-include it. I
do,however, think having first year students paint faces and figures can be
stressful,if they have not been prepared. Presently, figure drawing comes
after the painting quarter. So I believe I may insert the parody at the
second year level next year. Currently in Art two, they design and create
a " court " card . This has been (in the part) in colored pencil requiring
them to be a J Q K ,/ make a two ended card/ become some thing fantastic /
Some choose fictional characters/ some choose countries or time periods.
They keep the feeling of the playing card, design wise... This unit could
easily become a painting problem.

After doing explorations with water color ( again I teach high school)
what do you all do to provide problems that allow them to explore and
control water color? I have the boxes, I have inexpensive w c paper. We do
tape paper down to keep it flat. Randy, in Snowy Maine

---