afterschool grant or FUN in the northwoods

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 15:30:07 PST

I helped our counselor end of last year write up proposals for afterschool
programs, competing for a grant and we were one of four or five schools
selected. Our school of 300 students total, K-12 has received this year and
is slotted to receive for each of the next four years, $85,000....

In that..I will be offering one night for guitar lessons, and I have ordered
a spare Fender Strat and amp for students to use at the school; I'll be
teaching some tennis lessons come spring; I have taken a practice room in
the band room, put together a multimedia computer...installed peripherals
(Aardvark Direct Pro) and Sonar 3 software so as to be a virtual recording
studio. With that we also got a Shure KSM27 vocal condensor mic.

One thing I'm really excited about though...is that we are ordering 14
Guerrila Pochade boxes and tripods...and will be offering a neighboring
school the opportunity for some students to come together to learn to paint
plein air, routinely go out, pay for transportation and so forth. That
should be much fun. Of course there are other programs, such as an
afterschool tutoring program, but I simply mentioned those I'm involved in.

Not only to be enjoyed for the fun of it, but the grant will pay me a nice
hourly for my time.

Sometimes...some interesting, fun and good things happen in education!

Larry Seiler
My websites-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

Member of NAPPAP- "National Academy of Professional Plein Air Painters"
http://nappap.org

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---