Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Art Parody - lesson idea

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 12:39:45 PST

Judy, this e-mail was my last one I have received from Artsednet, is their system down? Today I realized my in-box has been empty and I worked back to your thread, please reply so I can reactivate my account if necessary. Thanks.

>>> 11/11/03 12:48PM >>>
Dear Art Educators,

Christine Besack shared this image with me that she
found on Ebay (thanks Christine!).

This image will only be available for a short time
since I really do not have permission to post it.
I just thought it might spark a lesson for middle
school or high school.
by Ellen Haasen, Ontario artist. I am sure Ellen
wouldn't mind me sharing it with you folks.

From Matisse's "Dance"

Here are some American Gothic paradies I found
(enter American Gothic parody and you will get two
Bush examples - any many more)

American Indian Gothic - David Bradley (parody)
American Gothic Corn Dancers:

If anyone does an art parody lesson, I would be
interested in putting it on Incredible Art Department.

You can find examples of art parody by also looking
for Art spoof.

Cat parody:

Here is a homework assignment I gave my students:
(They were given a choice of this one or an Art Career

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources