Is anyone teaching AP Photograhy as a class?

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 10:25:32 PST

There is no AP Photo, but it can be worked into the 2-D portfolio. The
Concentration could be all traditional photo, but I think the Breadth
section becomes the part that needs attention.
"Breadth" means demonstrating ability in a variety of media/techniques,
etc.

For students that I have skilled in photo I offer these means to achieve the
breath:

alternatives
using photo emulsion then going back into the work to with other media
Polaroid transfers
using photo techniques for printmaking (photo stencil, etching...)
collaging and montaging
computer manipulations and use of PhotoShop
advertising

Just be completely aware of the requirements for the AP portfolio. It can be
creatively manipulated to meet any students strengths.

Patty

---