Re: silver cleaning the easy way, need the recipe

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 08:39:37 PST

I've done it. It can be very informal. Use warm water, shake and dissolve
some baking soda into the water, fold up a large suare of foil and soak the
silver.
BUT, it only removes the tarnish, it does not polish the silver. It takes a
lot of time to work, and you will probably still have to buff the surface
dry with a soft cloth to get a shine.

I have used "Tarnex," a product you can buy next to the silver polish at a
hardware store or Walgreens,' which removes the tarnish INSTANTLY although
it is a little smelly. If you just want your pieces to "sparkle" I'd
recommend this. It's quick and easy.

If you actually need to polish the earrings, then I'd suggest a jewelers
rouge cloth.
Christa

---