RE: Textured Paint Advice

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 19:37:29 PST

Definitely Fleckstone. Comes in a spray can, no odor, many colors, looks like
granite. Can be costly-6 dollars a can, but well worth it! My fifth graders
create cardboard cutyscape reliefs and spray them with Fleckstone- It also
helps to put a base coat of paint that matches the color of the Fleckstone so
you don't have to use as much.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From Jillart1@aol.com =====
>Oh wise ones,
> We just finished building three dimensional cardboard sculptures (my
fifth grade students). We want to finish them with a textured paint so thaey
look as though they're made of stone. I tried adding sand to tempera paint
and painted a demo piece. It's cracking slightly in places, but my bigger
concern is that as it's handled, the sand seems to be rubbing off. Can I seal
them with something or use something else entirely?
> Jill in Colorado

---