Re: Textured Paint Advice

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 16:32:39 PST

Jill,
        In my personal watercolors I apply a thin layer of acrylic
modeling paste using a palette knife. After it drys I paint over
it with transparent watercolors. I believe it would work for your
project. I'm including links to paintings where you can see it.

Look at the large rocks the children are climbing on:
        http://www.taospaint.com/Sand.html
Look at the background of the Poppies:
        http://www.taospaint.com/TaosPaintings2002.html
Look at the adobe wall in front of the church:
        http://www.taospaint.com/Painting2003.html

                                        I hope this helps, Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons