Re: Fingerpainting

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 17:11:44 PST

My kindergartners know horizontal and vertical. I start using the vocabulary
right off and they just grow up knowing it. The only word I have problems
translating is "rainbow" to "arch", probably because that's how I think when
I see them. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> my middleschoolers too. now that I've been here awhile they don't ask so
> much.
>
> I just wish elementary teachers would stop folding paper in "hamburber" or
> "hotdog" and at some point teach the words horizontal and vertical. The
> students I get very often have NO IDEA what I mean when I say
"horizontal" -
> "Oh! She means hotdog!"

---