RE: THE STATE

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 04:56:52 PST

> Ender's Game? Haven't read it but.....

"Ender's Game" is Sci-Fi. Humans run into a totally alien species and it
becomes all-out war as they are incompatible. The alien species runs on a hive
mentality (as its form of "the State"). Ender is a young boy who is able to
beat the species by controlling human forces through a video-game-type set-up (I
think that he is unaware that he's actually fighting a war, and later has to
deal with the realization that he wiped out an entire civilization).

I've always been a big fan of Ayn Rand and you might suggest: "Anthem",
"Fountainhead", and "Atlas Shrugged".

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant

---