Re: Need firing help ASAP

---------

From: Jon Hartman (Jon.Hartman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 11:40:33 PST

Besides having to two shelves as close a possible, if you have any
stilts I would make sure to use them and a lot of them. What sometimes
also causes cracks it the residual heat. If you place it up that will
let the extra heat out. You can also use shelf legs.

Jonathan Hartman
Dassel-Cokato High School
Art Teacher
(320) 286-4100 ext.1832

>>> cwise@remc7.k12.mi.us 12/01/03 12:13PM >>>
I have students who have had to fire large flat plates/tiles that do
not
fit on one shelf in my kiln. If it strattles over a gap between the
two
half-shelves, it tends to warp or crack. Do I need full shelves
(don't
have) or can I push the two halves together tightly and make it work?
Other ideas?
Respond quickly if you can. I want to fire this PM.
Christa

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu
---