applesauce-cinnamon dough houses

---------

From: C Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 10:13:36 PST

I am thinking of having my 7th-8th grade make a gingerbread house from the
cinnamon-applesauce dough instead of actual gingerbread. In fact, I was
thinking of having them bring in a picture of the front of their house and
make a reproduction of their own house in a more relief style as opposed to
a 3-D actual house. It wouldn't be christmass-y but it would be a fun
sculpture project maybe even for after the holidays. They could do a lot of
the pieces in rectangles planned out on graph paper and instead of frosting,
use some acrylics and puffy paint to finish it. Maybe even do details in
bread dough clay.
Any trouble shooting tips you can think of that would help this project be a
success? I know there will be a lot of pre-planning for the patterns to cut
and the dry time will not be a problem with my secret heat closet drying
area from one week to the next. I would just have to avoid warping of the
piece.
Thinking out loud here, mostly, as I plan out December and January projects.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted. - Einstein"

---