Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Christmas Around The World

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 05:43:47 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I am anticipating the need for Christmas ideas....
When I get my machine back I will share the ideas I
had saved from the summer posts....But for now I will
direct you to my Christmas (and other December
Holiday) Links.
Scroll down to World Customs and Celebrations. I used
these links with my 6th graders on the last day of
school before the break one year (2000). They enjoyed
it. I had a simple worksheet to go with the exercise
(I could re-create it if someone is interested)

The first one is now broken so I will remove it.

For those who were interested in Thanksgiving - here
is one to add to my links for next year:
 Video from History Channel is available. I saw the
Halloween one and it was pretty good.

See if this link will take you right to the World Book

(I'll add that link so you don't have to go through
the archives)

I need to fix the Snowflake Bently link:
More on Snowflakes under Activity 8:

Poinsettias and the legend of the Poinsettia is always
good, too. I'll add a link or two. I am thinking about
doing a December Holiday Feature on Great Sites -
along with listing the Great School Sites (like I said
- I threw out my schedule - smile).

Folks, it has been four years since I searched this
topic. If you have a site you have used - or think is
a winner. Post to the list and I'll add it.

Do check out Marcia Arpin's site for Early Childhood

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources