Christmas Around The World

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 05:43:47 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I am anticipating the need for Christmas ideas....
When I get my machine back I will share the ideas I
had saved from the summer posts....But for now I will
direct you to my Christmas (and other December
Holiday) Links.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/world.htm
Scroll down to World Customs and Celebrations. I used
these links with my 6th graders on the last day of
school before the break one year (2000). They enjoyed
it. I had a simple worksheet to go with the exercise
(I could re-create it if someone is interested)

The first one is now broken so I will remove it.

For those who were interested in Thanksgiving - here
is one to add to my links for next year:
http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/thanksgiving/main.html
 Video from History Channel is available. I saw the
Halloween one and it was pretty good.

See if this link will take you right to the World Book
Holidays:
http://www2.worldbook.com/features/holidays/html/holidays.htm

(I'll add that link so you don't have to go through
the archives)

I need to fix the Snowflake Bently link:
http://www.snowflakebentley.com/index.htm
More on Snowflakes under Activity 8:
http://ccins.camosun.bc.ca/~jbritton/jbsymteslk.htm

Poinsettias and the legend of the Poinsettia is always
good, too. I'll add a link or two. I am thinking about
doing a December Holiday Feature on Great Sites -
along with listing the Great School Sites (like I said
- I threw out my schedule - smile).

Folks, it has been four years since I searched this
topic. If you have a site you have used - or think is
a winner. Post to the list and I'll add it.

Do check out Marcia Arpin's site for Early Childhood
ideas.
http://www.geocities.com/marciaarpin/christmas.html

Cheers!

Judith