Re: Red Glaze Confusion

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 05:16:27 PST

Gelato,
This makes sense. Thanks.
Christa

At 08:59 PM 12/10/02 -0600, you wrote:

>> Just My 2 cents.
>
>I've had great luck firing low fire reds at 07 separately form other
pieces. I've fired the low fire glazes first, then had students put on the
red they wanted--we have several.
>I reload the kiln and fire at 07 with a kiln sitter on at about 4 hours.
The peep holes are all open and the lid open for the first 2 hours. then I
close the lid and all comes out a great wonderful red. I've also been doing
the oranges this way for years with great success.

>Hope this helps,
>Gelato in freezin Wi.
>

>---

---