Re: Greeting card "workshop"

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 22:39:10 PST

Just as an aside on the greeting card workshop: My gifted and talented class
are making life size musical greeting cards as a form of 'tableaux'. They
did research on tableaux by looking up The Pageant of the Masters at Laguna
in California. I divided the small class up into two groups, and they are
designing the inside and outside of the cards. Part of each group with do a
tableaux on the outside of the card, and then when we open the card the
other part of the group with 'pop out' in tableaux, freeze, then break out
in song. They are working on the backgrounds, and their costumes, while
practicing their songs. They are so excited about doing this, that they
literally practice their songs in the art closet, seperate from each other,
so both groups don't know what the other are doing. I am a having a rough
time personally this year, with my father passing on, and my father in law
in the hospital and my mother in law at home with a broken foot. This
project, and my students' 'innocence , joy and enthusiasm', has brought me
back to reality and the holiday spirit!

San D

---