Re: Greeting card "workshop"

---------

From: carolyn roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 17:31:17 PST

One good way to print greeting cards that can be used with any aged group is
to use Foamies, which are 2mm thick foam sheets about 9x12". I purchased
mine at WalMart very cheaply. I cut them a little smaller than the size of
the card. The students draw on the piece of foam using WATERBASED markers.
When finished, they print them on the cards. If you need to, you can dampen
the card stock...but we didn't have to do that.
Carolyn Roberts

> I'm preparing to do an activity with a kindergarten class (20 kids) and a
> fourth grade class (32 kids), first talking about greeting cards as an art
> form and having the kids make their own in class. Does anyone have any
> suggestions or ideas on a process, (I'm thinking of doing the shaving
cream
> marbling as one) that is interesting and age appropriate, or has worked
for
> you in the past? We'll be focusing on the various holiday themes. Thanks
> for all of your help!!
>
> Jenna in Alameda

---