Re: Greeting card "workshop"

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 17:35:16 PST

Someone on the list (sorry, not sure who, but Thank You!!) posted this idea
last year. Use a dark blue crayon on dark blue paper to draw a picture, we
did candles, angels, snow scenes, trees, etc., press very hard. Next, paint
over the drawing with watered down white tempera paint, it should be
transparent. The blue crayon resists the paint and stands out against the
cloudy, atmospheric background. We highlighted selected areas with glitter
(gold for a candle frame or halo, silver for angel's wings or snowflakes,
multicolored for sparkling lights on a tree, etc.) The cards were
attractive.

Leah