Re: Red Glaze

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 06:58:50 PST

Christa,

This is a really funny thread we've got going here. When I complained
about the red overglaze (the F series, non-toxic) to an Amaco rep at
NAEA, he told me that red needs oxidation, and to try putting the
red-glazed pieces on the top shelf and leaving the peephole open. I
leave all the peepholes open 'til about the last hour. Since taking his
advice the reds have come out beautifully, both the over- and
underglazes.

Perhaps the best source of info would be your glaze manufacturer.

Maggie