Re: Red Glaze

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 05:17:44 PST

Re: "I forget. Do I put the red glazed pots at the top or the bottom of
the kiln?"
Reply: "Put them on the top shelf and leave the upper peephole open; red needs
lots of oxygen to come out well."
Next reply: "bottom..keep it cool!!!"
Next reply: "LOL!! maybe you should put them in the middle! i also heard
not to put them
in the same kiln with anything green."

With advice like this, no wonder I am confused. Well, I tried the top shelf
next to the peephole and we got a lovely shade of mushroom brown. Next time
we will try the bottom.
I AM going to get this right.
Christa

---