Re: drying clay projects in the kiln

---------

From: J&F Grochowski (jgrochowski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 21:26:02 PST

Hi,
    If you are running the kiln anyhow, I've had great luck with just
placing the pieces on top while firing-(works well for drying plaster, too).
My colleague places pieces on top of kiln posts laid on their sides on top
of the kiln-which allows for air to circulate, but I've never had a problem
with them placed directly on top. If you aren't firing other items, I
suppose run it on low with the lid propped for several hours and then allow
to cool-like over a weekend-if you've time-or go onto the firing cycle.
Jude

> Hi everyone,
> Have a question that I know you can answer. How can
> you dry fresh projects in the kiln?

---