Re: Framing a watercolor painting - Woody & Krista

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 19:59:00 PST

Woody,

Be careful of the type of glass or plexi you use. Glass itself can have
acidic properties depending on how it is treated, I believe. You also
may want to invest in glass (UV) that will protect your work from sun
and flourescent light. It has always been my policy, too, not to have
the glass touch the artwork because you don't want to risk the chance of
any moisture building up between the glass and the piece. I would
suggest spacers between the glass and the frame to secure the glass in
place and allow the piece to float. Always use linen or acid free tape
to adhere the artwork to mat or ph foam core. Just a couple of tips
from an old framer,

Sandy

Woody Duncan wrote:

>Frame it under glass or plexi in a frame (perhaps 22 x 28).
>Center the painting on a sheet of ph neutral foam core for
>a backing the same size as the frame. But, first elevate it
>off the backing with a sheet of foam core slightly smaller
>than the painting so the painting is pressed against the glass.
>That way the painting seems to float above the backing.
> Woody

---