Earth Works - Call for Participation

---------

From: craig roland (rolandc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 17:17:18 PST

ArtsEdNetters,

Looking for that "perfect project" for the coming term? If so, here it is:

Earth Works - putting art to work for the sake of the earth
Call for Participation

Earth Works is intended to promote interdisciplinary learning
activities in which teachers and students work together to study
their local environment and then use the power of art to show
how we can better co-exist with the natural world. Group
investigations that involve different curricular perspectives and
that lead to the production of paintings, murals, drawings,
sculptures, websites, zines, artist books, multimedia installations,
public performances, poetry, or other creative expressions are
encouraged.

Once projects are completed, teachers can submit visual and written
documentation of their students' learning and accomplishments to Art
Junction (http://www.artjunction.org) for an online exhibition that
will be launched on Earth Day, April 22, 2003 to a worldwide audience.

For those teachers who are interested, student involvement in this
project can go beyond the
production and display of artwork. An online discussion area will be
available for students (during the last two weeks of April, 2003) to
share what they've learned about the environment, to respond to works
displayed by other students on the exhibition site, and to talk with
students from other schools about how we can better co-exist with the
natural world.

Learn more about this project at:
http://www.artjunction.org/projects/earthworks

I hope that you and your students will join us.

Happy Holidays!
Craig

CRAIG ROLAND Associate Professor of Art Education
School of Art and Art History - University of Florida
PO Box 115801, Gainesville Florida 32611-5801
Art Ed Office: 352.392.9165 Fax: 352-392-8453
homepage: http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html
visit the @rt room at: http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room/

---