Re: artsednet digest: December 08, 2002

---------

From: Heidi McElroy (hmcelroy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 17:04:01 PST

re: writing and art

        I am always telling my art students to be careful to draw what they
want people to read. Sometimes what they have drawn may be interpreted
as something entirely different.
         A couple of years ago, in co-operation with a creative writing teacher
and class, my art 4 class drew from descriptions written by the writing
class. The writing class had described pictures from various
photographs. It was very interesting when we compared the photos with
the drawings. We realized that both the writer and the artist needed to
be more descriptive in their work.
        This project was probably gleaned from this listserv and I would like
to thank whoever suggested it in the first place. It was an enlightening
exercise in communication. heidi in va.

ArtsEdNet Talk digest wrote:

> ARTSEDNET Digest for Sunday, December 08, 2002.

---