drying clay projects in the kiln

---------

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jensando_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 12:52:57 PST

Hi everyone,
Have a question that I know you can answer. How can
you dry fresh projects in the kiln? I am close to the
end of the grading period and they pieces are
leatherhard. I know it will take days to dry out but
with the weather here (rather humid) I think it will
take longer. In college they (the art aides) dried
leatherhard pieces in the kiln and I don't know what
type of setting to put my kiln on to achieve this
'quick' dry. I don't want to blow anything up. :)I
have a Skutt automatic kiln.
Can you help me?
jeannie in georgia