Re: Graphic organizers for writing

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 04:51:07 PST

another name for this type of "note making" is called mind mapping. we had
an inservice on it last year and were encouraged to use pictures or symbols
as well as words in mapping out the concepts. funny thing is, i used to
mind-map notes in high school and college about 30 years ago before these
names had been invented!!
linda in michigan

on 12/9/02 3:47 AM, carolyn roberts at croberts18@cox.net wrote:

> You are absolutely correct when you say that "graphic organizers" help
> students remember details. I have done this and it is a great idea! When I
> was in school (many years ago), we did this and we didn't even know they
> were called "graphic organizers"!

---