Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: using student examples

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 11:25:14 PST

I had a student leave an AWFUL ceramic project behind several years back. It
was a coil cup with a handle, and it is a perfect example of what NOT to do.
I show this cup every year as an example of what will happen if students
don't follow directions - mainly in the craftsmanship department. I think it
helps students to see a poor example as well as explainations as to why it
is bad. Then they know what to avoid. If a student starts hurrying I can
gently remind them not to make a pink cup project! :-)
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher