RE: ENCAUSTIC

---------

From: krista hagan (khagan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 09:54:08 PST

I use the wax melters from SAX. You just plug them in and each has, I
think 10, little metal "cups" kind of reminds me of muffin tins. Yes, I
went through a LOT of crayons last year, so I ordered plenty (by color)
for this year. It is fun though. Last year I had students apply the wax
with q-tips, but on Friday I took old scrap paper and kind of rolled it,
squeezed it flat, and applied the wax with that (kind of like a
squooshed straw). It worked great, plus I have a use for the extra junk
paper.
Hope that helps.
-Krista

---