art and writing

---------

From: Pam Stephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 09:30:44 PST

At the risk of being chastised for self promotion, I will mention that Nancy
Walkup and I have written a book titled "Bridging the Curriculum through
Art: Interdisciplinary Connections" that contains a chapter on arts-based
writing activities. The book is derived from our combined classroom
experiences and our work as mentors for the national school reform
initiative called Transforming Education through the Arts Challenge (a
Getty/Annenberg-funded project to place the arts at the core of the
curriculum).

All of the activities included in the book are field tested. The activities
are designed to seek meaning in works of art; they are not intended as
enhancements or to make the visual arts a handmaiden of other content areas.
Our goal was to place art at the center of learning.

"Bridging" is available through Crystal Productions and online at
Amazon.com.

Hope this helps.

Pam