Re: Stinko'thology....

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 07:42:50 PST

Hi Judie,
    When there are hard economic times and rumors of war, our students may
hear these things discussed at home. Some of their parents may be the ones
who are being let go from jobs they have invested in for 25-30 years and
know that they face age discrimination when looking for a new position.
Children can start thinking, "why bother...look at what happened to Dad,
Mom. The work ethic must be instilled and maintained at home. We must have
some compassion and understanding of the child's home environment.

                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                Art teacher, K-5, retired

It does concern me that so many young people just don't want to push
 themselves and achieve goals they set out for themselves. Has our
 generation just made it too easy for them? I'm sure there are many
 answers--but it is bewildering at times.

 Thanks for your thoughts.

 Judie

---