Re: writing & art

---------

From: kavita ghai (kavitaghai2002_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 21:29:51 PST

i try to give my students an opening to writing about their art work or just generally write when they don't want to really make an art work,
the first time when i asked my senior students to do that i was afraid they would not respond well,but to my surprise i got a grt result and infact came to know more abt the few students who were seroius abt expressing their thoughts.and i could help them further.
i also have a student who writes stories ,and then i have made her interpret her story in sculpture.
i think art and writing can go a long way together
kavita
 BluesTruth@aol.com wrote:Can we start a thread on the connection between art & writing? I find myself
constantly asking teachers to provide written work so we can collaborate. Some of our classroom teachers are not as enthusiastic as I am about this idea. Perhaps I am not getting my point across. Can anyone help? Has anyone been in the same situation?
Thanks!
Bluestruth ---