Michelangelo

---------

From: Pam Stephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 09:11:58 PST

>>Jonathon Nelson, the professor who taught the course using this book felt
it was Michelangelo's self-criticism, probably similar to the suggestion
earlier on the posts that he was physically and emotionally spent after the
work.<<

In a docent-guided tour of the Chapel this past summer, this is the story
that was given to our group. I cannot attest to the accuracy of the story,
but it seemed reasonable. Our docent was well versed in the history of Rome
as well as the artwork there.

Pam