Re: Encaustic

---------

From: linda (lindwood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 08:06:43 PST

I've never tried encaustic, but would like to. I can see that painting
masonite would be a good way to start as a base. How many crayons do you
need? i would think it goes pretty fast. Or do you use wax and
colorants? As I understand it, someone said that the layer you are adding
to should be warm before putting on another layer? If I wanted to do this
with fifth graders in a class of 20, what materials/quantity would I need?

Thanks,
LInda

---