Re: Divide 5th grade girls and boys? Separate classes?

---------

From: brenda robson (bruthrobson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 07:32:24 PST

Thank you all for the most helpful replies.

Janet: what kind of 3-d art do you do?

And Michal: I heartily thank you for your helpful web page over the years.
I am going to do your Adire Eleko Designs first thing (since most of these
boys are of African descent) I think they will really love it!
I am also thinking of introducing Picasso with his African roots.
I know we will do gargoyles and midevil shields.

Now watch the girls get jealous! (Any great girl lessons?)
Maybe the artist that does the stylized cats or jewelry?

By the way, my Principal liked the idea. They either come to me or PE and
the PE teacher liked the idea too so it wasn't a complicated thing.
These kids have made it to the 5th grade with no art instruction except
fine arts: music/some Art.
So maybe this idea will help them to appreciate art and come with a
different attitude. They really are good boys except become a problem
when together.
I also appreciate the discipline ideas. The principals office is across
the hall so there is no reason why they shouldn't sit in there while I
lecture.
But I will probably give those kids a lower daily grade.

Thanks once again.
Anyone else have any foolproof boy/girl ideas?

---