Encaustic

---------

From: krista hagan (khagan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 13:16:24 PST

I'm doing encaustic next week and wanted to know if anyone knew of a
good surface for it. Last year I used oaktag, and those who applied the
wax a little heavier ended up having a lot of their wax break off. I
tried it myself on chipboard today which seemed better, but wanted to
know if anyone had any ideas as to how to lessen the breaking/a better
surface/etc. (aside from just telling them to apply lightly- it looks
great when it's thick!)
Thanks- Krista

---