Drawing papers

---------

From: Ruth Campbell (rcampbell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 10:27:54 PST

Dear Friends,
Maybe someone can suggest a better drawing paper
than I've had luck with?
After years of buying 70 or 80 lb. reams from Hammett,
( used to be called Alaskan White) I have been disappointed
buying the same weight from Sax & Specialty.

Now that Hammett has joined them, I wonder if the three companies
all sell the same manufacturer's drawing paper? It feels much thinner
than the samples I've had from several years ago, has little tooth,
and won't take any paints without permanent buckling.
You all know how expensive it is, so perhaps someone has found a
better quality source?
Despite good discounts, and free shipping, I really feel that the
"100% sulfite, high quality, workhorse of drawing papers", isn't good
for much.

I do/will continue to do almost all my shopping with these two, but
really need to look
for a new source for drawing paper.
Any recommendations? Anyone bought papers from Utrecht?
Thanks,
Happy snow days you lucky ducks!

---