Re: On Line Camera Shops ???

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissaenderle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 08:45:33 PST

Woody,
You are right in that there are some unscrupulous sellers on the internet,
especially with electronic equipment. This past summer I was looking on the
internet for a digital camera. When researching about some of the places, I
found that they had very bad customer reviews. For example, some sellers
advertised an incredibly low price for the camera, then pressured you to buy
items you don't need, usually at greatly inflated prices. Sometimes they
even took items out of the box, or shipped a grey market camera - without a
warranty.
Look on sites such as the one below to find out more about a reseller before
you buy a camera or other item. It may save you a lot of money and
frustration!
http://www.resellerratings.com

Melissa Enderle

On 12/6/02 2:37 AM, "Woody Duncan" <wduncan@kc.rr.com> wrote:

> A Question and a warning:
>
> I got seven more e-mails from an on-line camera shop today.
> The web site looks professional and the prices can't be beat.
> Perhaps the prices are too good. The price for the camera I
> decided to buy was $200 lower than over the counter and $150
> lower than most e-retail sites.
>
> I even tried to purchase a camera, on line, from them.
> But, when I clicked on the "Buy Now" buttons I get messages that
> the page can not be found. I e-mailed them and got no response.
> I'm buying elsewhere. Has anyone else been
> bombarded with mail from: http://online-camera-shop.net ??????
> Woody in KC

---